Submit to the 2018-2020 Propulsion Lab
CALLING ALL PLAYWRIGHTS!
Apply to the 2018-2020 Propulsion Lab!
The Application process is now
Applications are now open for the 2018-2020 Propulsion Lab. The Propulsion Lab is a bi-monthly (every other Monday) writers group for Queens-based playwrights.
- Please submit one full length play (60 pages or more) in PDF format. This should be a blind copy – your name should not appear on any pages in the script. Please choose the play you think represents you best as a writer. It doesn’t matter if it has been produced or if it is a first draft.
- Please submit a brief cover letter using our online form. You will be asked to supply the following information: Name, Neighborhood/Address, Phone/Email/Website/Twitter (if applicable), Productions/Awards you would like us to know about, how you heard about the lab, and also what you hope to gain from being a part of the Lab. This is not an artist statement so PLEASE don’t be formal, we just want to get to know you!
- You must currently reside in the borough of Queens (any neighborhood), and have been a resident for at least 6 months. In order to be part of the lab, you must live in Queens during the course of the lab. Please make sure you have no immediate plans to relocate if you apply!
- Willing and able to attend bi-monthly meetings. Labs are held every other Monday usually from late August to mid-June. Regular attendance is very important to the continuity of the work and to support your fellow writers.
- Must commit to working on one full length play during the course of the lab.
The deadline to apply is June 30th 11:59pm EST! The deadline has now passed.
Participants will be notified at the end of August with labs beginning in September.